We all know that eating healthy getting ample exercise is always the best way to lose weight on a long term basis. But that’s one huge step. It’s never easy to make such significant changes in lifestyles. But if you just change one little thing at a time, you may have a better chance of success.
Said Hadrian to his citizens, while building the Roman Empire,
“Brick by brick my citizens, brick by brick.
Put another way, changing bad unhealthy habits into much better healthier habits is easier to accomplish by changing just one small habit at a time. Because you’re obviously interested in losing weight through reading this article, you are also motivated. You know you want to lose weight. You’re just not sure where to start, right? – Well, to tell you the truth, you already have.
You’re just looking for “something” hot enough to spark a fire under your ass enough for you to take action. So…what tip or trick can I tell you that makes it finally CLICK in your head???? Hmmm…it shouldn’t take any tip or trick to get you going. I thought you already were motivated to lose weight.
With that, here are 25 great weight loss diet tips that are easy to do and can be followed anywhere, anytime, any day, everyday .
1. Do not skip meals. Skipping meals slicks the body into slowing down the metabolism, attempting to conserve calories during a period where limited fats and fuel are available. Remember that eating increases the metabolism.
2. Make your own condiments. You can make a delicious low fat mayonnaise by combining one teaspoon of Dijon mustard or satay sauce with a low fat yogurt.
3. Stuff vegetables like capsicum and zucchini with flavored fillings or minced chicken, white meat or fish. These are healthy and contain low fat.
4. Make Food Substitutions – Instead of regular bread, try whole wheat pita bread roll ups or wraps with salad fillings.
5. Listen to How Your Body’s Metabolism Works – Eight hours after waking up, our metabolism slows down that is why 30 minutes of exercise before dinner will increase the metabolism for about two to three hours. This produces an increase in burned fat even hours after the work out is over.
6. Add alfalfa or mung beans to salad to get extra iron.
7. Good cooking and healthy eating begins with learning about nutrition and how to prepare healthy recipes. – (We’ll get into that in other articles…stay tuned.)
8. Healthy and Unhealthy Ingredients – Learn how to make the family favorite recipes and make sure that fats, salt, and sugar are cut out. Substitute non-fat yogurt for cream, stir-fry without oil and use herbs and spices instead of salt to taste.
9. Talk To Your Doctor – Your doctor is your best friend, so treat them like that and talk to them and ask questions. If you are considered obese, then PLEASE contact and communicate with your doctor first before beginning any exercise or weight loss program, or making any kind of change that could affect your health.
10. Eat slowly and chew well. Did you know that your brain counts how many times you chew your food? Try it.
Take a normal bite of a piece of food, like a bite of a sandwich, and count how many times it takes to chew until finished. If it takes 10 chews before you finish, take another bite but double or even triple the amount of chews. So, what happened here? – Two Things: 1 – you made it easier for your stomach to absorb nutrients. 2 – you gave your brain time to catch up to your stomach by telling you your full.
11. Eat Five Times a Day – Complete three meals and two snacks everyday instead of one or two huge meals. Make breakfast your largest meal and scale down from there. You can still have a good sized lunch, but eating a light meal for supper is a must.
12. Use chicken stock when stir-frying. This will cut down on hidden fat and it’s delicious.
13. Buy non-toasted muesli instead of the toasted ones. A plate of toasted muesli contains more fat than a plate of bacon and eggs.
14. As much as possible do not remove the skins of fruits and vegetables since most of the nutrients are concentrated under the skin as well as within the jell that forms around seeds. Some people I know mistakenly discard tomato seeds because they taste bitter. One solution is to filter the tomato liquid and seeds through a kitchen sieve into a container and make some healthy tomato water.
15. Sipping cold water with just a squeeze of lemon juice before breakfast get the metabolism going for the day, this also help preventing constipation and is excellent for the skin.
16. One of the best sources of vegetable protein is from soya beans or tofu. All legumes provide some protein, so include lentils, lima beans etc into casseroles and soups.
17. Connect with a Friend – Look for a weight loss “buddy,” club, or support mates. This will motivate you to stay and enjoy your weight loss program.
18. Avoid Eating Too Late in the Day – Though it’s hard at first, try not eating 4 hours or more before bedtime.
19. Find Healthier Ways to Cook Pasta – Whole grain pasta recipes are fast to make and can be a healthy addition to your healthier lifestyle alternative.
20. Add spices like Chilli to your diet – Chilli helps to speed up metabolism – even the milder varieties.
21. Try some healthier ways to eat eggs. Setting aside for the moment the controversy regarding cholesterol in eggs, eggs are full of nutrients and can be a healthy addition to your diet if taken within reason. Try making omelettes without adding the yolks! Boil eggs rather than fry them.
22. Substitute baking soda, baking powder, MSG and soya sauce in cooking.
23. Remove fat by dropping ice cubes into the baking tray. Fat will stick to the ice cubes.
24. Drinking hot water instead of cold water in the morning can increase the speed of your metabolism and burn more calories.
25. Eat before you go food shopping and always prepare a shopping list. Only buy food which relates to your weekly menu plan and don’t be tempted to buy goodies.
Make sure that the right discipline is still practiced to promote consistency on the diet plan. This will lead eventually to a healthy lifestyle and a more fruitful living without the extra fat and extra pounds on the side.